1. BUILD A RELATIONSHIP
Attorney/client trust is vital to a successful defense. To defend our clients effectively, we take the time to hear and understand them. The first step in our process is to establish open communication so that trust may follow. Our team is always accessible, and we pledge to be open and honest every step of the way.
2. BUILD YOUR FUTURE
We care about the life our clients face after a criminal charge. We understand that a brush with the legal system can be both disruptive and life-altering, and we are committed to helping you to get your life back on track.
3. BUILD YOUR DEFENSE
The law states that every individual is innocent until proven guilty, and we will make sure that the burden of proof is high. As we build your case, we will gather evidence, conduct interviews, and more. By challenging our prosecution system, we ensure that the law functions appropriately, and we take great pride in what we do.
How should I choose a criminal defense lawyer?
There may be many factors to consider before hiring a criminal defense attorney. Many people prefer having one lawyer who will handle the entire case themselves rather than pass the client off to whatever attorney is available that day. Contacting a lawyer with a free consultation will also allow you to talk to the attorney to get a sense of their commitment to you as a client before deciding to hire them. Talk to your attorney to make sure they have your best interests at heart and will fight for you.
WHY WE CHARGE A CONSULTATION FEE?
1. YOU WILL CONSULT DIRECTLY WITH KEVIN, AN ACTUAL LAWYER!
- Very few law offices that advertise “free consultation,” allow you to meet with an actual licensed attorney before you formally retain their services.
- Those other offices will direct you to assistants, case managers, and other non-lawyers.
- However, at DCD Law, you will have the opportunity to speak directly to Kevin—who will be the Attorney representing you throughout the case!
- Kevin is the only attorney that will appear on your case.
- Kevin will answer all of your questions, provide a thorough explanation of the case process, and review the specific of your case.
- The goal of the consultation is to assist you and your loved ones in getting a clear understanding of your case, and the important legal issues implicated by your fact situation.
2. THE CONSULTATION IS A LEARNING TOOL FOR YOU, AND NOT A SALES PITCH FOR US
- Too many times, lawyers who advertise for a “free consultation” use this as a sales gimmick to attract more clients.
- At DCD Law, our consultations are intended to be educational opportunities for the prospective client, and not a “sales closing” for us.
- The purpose of your consultation with any lawyer should be to gain knowledge about your legal situation and obtain insight about the strategies available for potential resolution.
- The very fact that you want to meet with a lawyer means that you have determined that the problem is bigger than you, or beyond your level of expertise.
- During our consultation, Kevin will listen to you, answer all your questions, sreview related documents, and understand your desired outcome.
- You will walk away from our consultation feeling better and far more knowledgeable than when you walked in.
3. WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT UNDERSTANDING YOUR LEGAL ISSUE, AND UNHURRIED IN DISCUSSING IT
- Because prospective clients schedule their consultations with us in advance, we are able to set-aside time to prepare for and conduct these initial meetings.
- The nature of a criminal law practice requires significant expertise, and we are frequently asked to review documents in advance of a consultation.
- Unlike law offices who overschedule free consultations, and are then hurried when a prospective engagement does not present an opportunity for profitability, we take the time to understand and explain the legal consequences of your circumstances.
- We conduct one consultation at a time, and afford to the prospective client the opportunity to ask questions, and gain knowledge.
4. WE WANT TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR LEGAL ISSUE
- DCD Law is an office with passion for the cases we undertake.
- We have serious clients with legal issues of consequence.
- The bottom line is that we obtain results and deliver value for our clients.
- However, our clients also understand that practicing law is how we make our living, and support our families.
- An unfortunate reality of the American legal system is that legal services, including attorneys’ fees can be significant.
- Virtually all of the legal disputes that we handle involve the expenditure of thousands of dollars.
- We believe that any prospective client that is unwilling to pay for the initial consultation lacks the seriousness that our relationships require.
- Quite frankly, if you do not believe that your case merits a paid consultation, we are probably not the best law office for you.
5. THE CONSULTATION FEE WILL BE CREDITED TO YOUR FEE IF AND WHEN YOU BECOME A CLIENT
- If and when you become a client, the consultation fee paid will effectively be free, since we will credit the amount paid toward the balance due!