You were charged with and ultimately convicted of a crime. The conviction may have arisen from entering a plea, or being found guilty in a court or jury trial.
But now you completed all of your obligations, and are not currently charged with another crime. We in the defense community like to say that you have “paid your dues, and now its your turn.” You may now be eligible to get that conviction expunged!
Call Los Angeles expungement lawyer Kevin Moghtanei for a FREE CONSULTATION today.
In today’s ultra-competitive job market, employers are often left with difficult choices in selecting the right candidate. Do not let your criminal record stop you from achieving the career you desire!
In California, Penal Code section 1203.4 generally outlines an individual’s eligibility and the process for expungement. Both felonies and misdemeanors can be expunged, including DUIs, but they are subject to eligibility criteria.
Generally speaking, you may be eligible for expungement if:
1. You have successfully completed probation, which includes (not all of these may pertain to your specific case)
- All fines paid
- Restitution made
- All classes completed
- All community labor or community service completed
- No other crimes committed while on probation
- No failures to appear in court
2. You are not currently charged with a criminal offense
3. You are not currently on probation for another criminal offense, AND
4. You are not currently serving a sentence for any criminal offense
Generally speaking, you may not be eligible for expungement if:
1. You were sent to state prison,
2. You were convicted of a crime which specifically cannot be expunged (for example penal code 288 – lewd acts with a child, penal code 286(c) – sodomy with a child, etc.)
I have a great deal of experience in successfully handling expungement matters throughout Los Angeles County.
Please contact me to discuss your specific criminal conviction, and together we can determine if your matter is eligible for expungement.
Call Now For A Free 20 Minute
Strategy Session: (818) 538-5777